Friday, June 19, 2015

Pre-Trip Post

This will be my 4th trip into this region of Ethiopia for Teaching and Training.  My last trip was in January of 2014 - you can see the blog here.   Last information we exchanged, there were to be 2 - three day conferances.   One is going to be in Debre Zeit and the other is to be in Dukem - a small city that is about 15 out of Debre Zeit.   Each of these conferences are to be 2 or 3 days in length and have between 100-125 pastors, leaders and evangelists.  The last group we are to meet with is about 50-75 students.   I don't know their ages - so we will have to make that one up as we go along.  (smile)

During the conferences, we will teach on the Doctrine of God; Important Themes in the Book of Acts and the Diagnostic Way of Bible Lesson Preparation.  I am carrying with me over 1100 pages of worksheets in Amharic.

Also, on this trip we are starting a new ministry.  "Seeing Clearly" is a simple ministry in which we will be distributing 144 pair of reading glasses to pastors, leaders, evangelists who need them.

I will be updating this blog as often as I can - hopefully daily - to keep you informed of the goings on of this trip.   Many of you made this trip - this ministry - possible by your generous gifts and support and I want you to see your investment in action.   Thank you again for being a ministry partner!

Keep me in your prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment